Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Hampshire – Flexible / Hybrid working available.
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54634
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Data Analyst at our Andover site.The role
As a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. This unique position is crucial in supporting the Land Defence Insights function, contributing to the enhancement of military vehicle and equipment availability.
Your expertise in data-driven solutions will be pivotal as you analyse intricate mechanical and electronic engineering challenges, offering strategic advice and solutions. This is a chance to elevate your career, making a meaningful impact on Defence insights through innovative data approaches.
Day to day you will:
- Deliver key conclusions & insight from engineering data analysis to improve equipment availability.
- Carry out analysis tasks to support strategic aims.
- Collect, clean, and analyse large volumes of data from various sources, including fleet management systems, engineering databases, and operational databases to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies using statistical techniques and advanced analytical methods.
- Identify trends, patterns, and opportunities through data analysis, and provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve fleet efficiency and engineering operations.
- Develop performance measurement metrics, KPI’s, and reports to monitor fleet and engineering performance, identify areas for improvement, and support strategic decision making.
- Utilise statistical and machine learning techniques to develop predictive models for maintenance planning, asset utilisation, and resource allocation to enhance fleet reliability and reduce downtime.
This position involves a hybrid work arrangement with 1 or 2 days in the office.Essential Experience Of The Senior Data Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Proven experience as a Data analyst.
- Expertise in data manipulation, analysis, and visualisation tools such as Python, R, SQL, Tableau, or Power BI or bespoke data mining/statistical analysis packages.
- Strong Knowledge of statistical analysis, predictive modelling, and machine learning algorithms.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 04/12/2023