East River is seeking an experienced professional to assist in the development and implementation of the cooperative's data analytics program. This new role will identify and develop long-term data science processes, frameworks, tools, and standards. The ideal candidate will have a passion to advocate and educate on the value and importance of data driven decision making and analytical methods. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
East River Electric is a not-for-profit generation and transmission cooperative with a service area that covers 40,000 square miles. We deliver wholesale power to our members, which include 24 rural electric distribution cooperatives and one municipally-owned electric system in eastern South Dakota and western Minnesota. Our members, in turn, power the properties of the member-owners in their service territories. We believe cooperatives help build stronger communities. The four Touchstone Energy® Cooperative values of integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community are our foundation. These values represent the cooperative difference and why our members trust us to provide reliable and affordable power and service every day.
This job opportunity is located at our main campus in Madison, South Dakota. Madison boasts a family-friendly, small town atmosphere with a wealth of modern amenities including the new Madison Regional Hospital, the high-tech campus of Dakota State University, a thriving community center and more. The town is centered between two lakes, provides ample recreational opportunities and is a short drive from many of eastern South Dakota's most popular attractions.
Learn more about Madison on our website: https://www.eastriver.coop/our-communities/
Key Responsibilities Include
- Work closely with East River's Chief Information Officer (CIO) in the development and implementation of East River's data analytics program.
- Develop and create data models by applying formal data modeling techniques.
- Create predictive models to understand probable future outcomes and create proof of concept to test prescriptive actions.
- Collaborate with East River's internal departments, business partners, vendors, and other cooperatives to identify and support opportunities for leveraging data analytics.
- Elicit, analyze, document, and communicate existing and emerging business information needs to ensure that the right information is available for making business decisions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) and provide data analytics leadership for the organization.
- Advise on data security issues, compliance initiatives, and privacy requirements.
- Develop reports and technical documentation.
- Maintain open lines of communication across all functional areas of the cooperative and member systems.
Key Skills/requirements Include
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience applying data science methods to real-world data problems.
- Two or more years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and comprehension skills is required.
- Ability to build constructive working relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
- Retirement pension plan - paid 100% by East River.
- 401(k) plan with a matching contribution.
- Medical insurance - premium paid 100% for single coverage.
- Employer contribution to a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Term life insurance - 2x annual salary provided with optional additional coverage.
- Total well-being program including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Want to learn more about East River?
Visit our website's career pages and hear what our current employees have to say.
Contact email@example.com or (605) 256-4536.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
This institution is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro