GoCanvas is revolutionizing how work gets done by modernizing small businesses through a powerful cloud-based platform and customizable mobile experiences. We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our Analytics team. In this role, you will develop data pipelines and scale our data infrastructure to support decision-making at all levels of the business.
Your Most Important Projects:
- Develop and optimize large-scale data pipelines that ingest data from a variety of sources
- Maintain our data warehouse with timely and quality data
- Help manage and scale our DBT and Looker setup
- Manage incoming data requests and prioritize the highest value projects in an organized fashion
- Create and maintain architecture and systems documentation
- Plan and execute system expansion as needed to support the company's growth and analytic needs
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to drive efficiencies for their work
What You Bring
- 2+ years professional experience in a business analyst role
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Highly proficient in SQL and writing queries using CTEs (Common Table Expressions)
- Experience with data pipeline tools like dbt, Airflow or Luigi are a plus!
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, particularly advanced in Excel and analytical platforms
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools like Looker or Tableau
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with non-technical team members and successfully translate business questions into analytical requirements
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record to clearly articulate data stories to business and technical audiences
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive and ambitious; Comfortable with ambiguity and able to make progress on projects with limited guidance and educated assumptions based on business acumen
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly, and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest-growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include The 2020 Golden Bridge Award for Company Rethinking of the Year, and being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in 2017, 2018 and 2019 for tremendous company growth, Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, and last but definitely not least as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian, and The Washington Business Journal!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to work, but staying inspired by their important metrics, to think and act like owners of our business. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity and a chance for individuals passionate about their role to have fun at work. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Great compensation package
- Unlimited Vacation Policy (also known as unlimited PTO)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which include GoCanvas's Birthday, Innovation Day, and Juneteenth
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be..
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (703) 547-8588.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. This role is a #LI-Remote opportunity