Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Mines data using modern tools and programming languages.
- Defines and implements models to uncover patterns and predictions creating business value and innovation.
- Works with project team to understand problem statements, initiates and direction.
- Tells stories with the data using visualization tools/methods to demonstrate insight impact.
- Assures accuracy, integrity, and compliance of cleansed data.
- Maintains proficiency within the data science domain by keeping up with technology and trend shifts.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding project progress and issue resolution and suggests changes or improvements.
Knowledge & Skills
- Using statistics, mathematics, algorithms and programming languages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of disparate unstructured and structured data in a distributed environment.
- Solid grasp of structured and unstructured data and modern data transformation methodologies
- Ability to create models to pull valuable insights from data.
- Create stories and visualizations to describe and communicate data insights.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights negotiate options.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists and project team.
- Typically partners with high-level Individual Contributors and Managers.
- Supports projects requiring data engineering solutions expertise.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 4+ years experience including graduate or postgraduate research.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!