Does this sound like you?
You are an engineer with a pragmatic attitude. You feel the weight of responsibility that comes with taking systems into production. You easily switch between scripting and structured programming in typed languages. You understand cloud, provisioning, and automation. And you know how to build robust systems.
How you will help to create value with Data & AI
At Xebia we build strong Data & AI practices to deliver value to our clients and their customers. In the past our team of data professionals has predicted the daily demand for millions of loaves of bread, built advanced energy-saving algorithms to nationwide scale, and set up data innovation labs at large multinational corporations. We enjoy great success in making top companies AI-driven — just think of what more we can achieve when YOU join our team!
As Data Engineer Consultant you are responsible for the implementation of the foundations of data-intensive systems. You develop enabling infrastructure to store, transform and process data at scale and in the cloud. You make sure that data is stored safe and secure using the technology that you see fit for the job.
What you, as a Data Engineer, will do to make data-intensive applications work effectively and securely?
With your knowledge of software engineering, cloud, clusters, queues, containers, streaming, or graphs, you work on the backbone of the data infrastructure. There is lots of data to store, many jobs to run and schedule, and many configurations to be dealt with. You work at the client in teams that are a mix of people from Xebia Data and the client and pick up the work that is related to the backbone on which the team is building.
When you’re working on-site with a client, you may come across something that is really difficult to solve. We’ve got your back as we at Xebia Data work as a team and will help you solve your problems because everybody at Xebia Data is just a quick message away and ready to help at any time.
This is your dream job if...
- If you like working with new data processing tools like Airflow, Apache Spark, Flink, and Druid.
- If you understand the importance of cloud and know your way around or want to learn that.
- If you like working for different clients and enjoy the excitement of regularly getting to learn new environments and know new people.
This is not your dream job if...
- If you do not like working under pressure to get things done in the best way possible with limited time, you have to finish it.
- If you do not like working with open-source technology.
- If you do not like coding, scripting, templating.