Piper Companies is currently seeking a .NET/Data Engineer for an opportunity in Baltimore, MD. The Software Engineer will be building and supporting data pipelines, and devising innovative ways to enhance systems and make data-related processes more efficient.
Responsibilities of the .NET/Data Engineer:
- Collaborate with your engineering manager to enable a fit-for-purpose application portfolio consistent with the target architecture and operating model
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Enable improvement of the engineering team through shaping of tools, processes and standards
- Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata
- Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of security-level analytics and risk exposures within the portfolio management and analytics systems, driving consistency and transparency
- Devise innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
Qualifications of the .NET/Data Engineer:
- 7+ years of progressive engineering experience with 2+ years related to data engineering, microservices, frameworks and/or platform development
- 5+ years coding experience and solid working knowledge of at least one language such as C# or Java
- 5+ years of business systems analysis or experience working with data and analyzing data
- Experience designing and delivering frameworks, focused on data pipelines, data catalogs, data distribution, and/or advanced analytics
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools -. .Net Framework (Standard/ Core), AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS, S3, NoSQL databases, Git/ Unity, Angular/Backbone/ReactJS etc.
- Knowledge of reporting and ETL tools such as SSRS, Informatica etc.
- Strong preference for:
o Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
o Solid working knowledge of Risk analytics platforms (e.g MSCI, Bloomberg PORT, Barclay’s POINT) and derivatives
o Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
o Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
o Strong academic record and BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related technical degree
Compensation for the .NET/Data Engineer:
- Salary Range: $65/hour (W2)
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical (United), Dental (Guardian), Vision (VSP), and 401K (Voya through ADP)
Keywords: Software engineer, Java, C#, .NET, Python, AWS, Lambda, ETL, Data, development, health, dental, vision, retirement, benefits