At Spotify Advertising R&D, our mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define our business.
The Advertising Business Unit is responsible for the success of Spotify’s freemium business model that allows us to deliver an amazing audio experience to more than 380 million users worldwide. Together we’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Come join us and help build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
We are currently recruiting for a number of mid-level data science roles within the Spotify Ads Product team. This team builds and maintains listener, advertiser, and podcast publisher facing ad products and systems that enable these products. Our goal is to create an awesome ad experience for our listeners, while also bringing value to our advertisers and publishers.
As a data scientist in this group you will use the whole range of data science tools and capabilities to conduct analysis related to one or more of the following areas of focus:
- User-facing advertising product development
- Client-facing product development for advertisers and podcast publishers
- Platform and machine learning engineering performance
What you'll do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract practical insights that will help drive product, platform, and business decisions
- Design and conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement to both user and advertiser metrics through efficient experimentation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key partners
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, user researchers, product owners, designers, and business decision-makers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Help us develop our knowledge and practice around the development and evaluation ML driven and user-focused products
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of experience in a similar data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative subject areas
- You have technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills for analytics and data extraction (such as SQL, Python, Pandas, R), data visualization skills (such as Tableau, matplotlib) to distill insights and statistical analysis skills to tease out patterns from noise
- You have strong understanding of statistics and extensive experience using various analysis techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, significance testing, and statistical modeling.
- You value cross-disciplinary work and understand how to integrate qualitative research with your quantitative analysis
- You effectively communicate with a wide range of cross-functional partners: you able to both explain complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders and have technical discussions with engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fluidity: you are able to initiate, refine and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance, adapting to new learnings and changing contexts
Where you'll work
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration