Data Engineer needed to help build out and tune data processing pipelines and scenarios for both integration and interactive analysis of large data sets in distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be equal parts technologist and evangelist – capable of both communicating the innovation and value proposition of big data processing, storage, and analysis to a variety of IT and business stakeholders as well as the experience necessary to build out the solutions that make the art of the possible a reality. In this role, you’ll be involved throughout the lifecycle of a big data/analytics project, from engaging with end users to understand the desired goals and outcomes of the solution, help to determine the optimal technical approach from data sourcing to end user consumption, and help to educate internal and external stakeholders on how to access the data and incorporate it into their business rhythms.
You can expect to support the company in the construction of technical prototypes, demos, and internal analytics community education, as well as supporting a variety of business areas and functions to help advance their big data initiatives. The position requires self-motivated individuals combined with hands-on entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional drive, with the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment.
Limited travel (25% or less) is required for this role. This position can be located at any major Lockheed Martin facility or Telecommuting may be considered.
US Citizenship is required for this program.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of experience with a related Master's degree.
- Extensive work experience in the development, installing, configuring and the tuning big data processing pipelines for the transfer of date from various sources into Hadoop using open or commercial ETL Tools.
- Demonstrate work experience in translate technical results to business centric, actionable insights – With a clear demonstrated ability– of communicating the innovation and value proposition of big data processing, storage, and analysis to a variety of IT and business stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and implementing optimal data storage options
- Experience in developing Big Data solutions leveraging Java, Scala, Python, SAP BODS or R.
- Experience installing, configuring, and tuning big data environments.
- Experience with extensive data modeling, REST API, Python, Kubernetes and ETL.
- Ability to translate technical results to business centric, actionable insights
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- US Citizenship is required for this program
- Ability to apply technical principles to complete assigned projects
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple, critical business applications
- Has a strong teaming mentality, can work collaboratively to develop optimum solutions.
- Knowledge of various data processing architectural design patterns
- Experience working in a multi-functional team in an applied machine learning context involving streaming and batch processing.
- Experience with Domino, writing Data pipelines, as well as custom or structured ETL, implementation and maintenance
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and team building abilities
- Track record of being a self-starter and strong independent contributor.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and requirements.
- Proven ability to successfully operate in an interactive local and virtual team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong team relationships and deliver exceptional customer service.
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL: