About the role
Suncorp believes in the value and the power of its data to improve its business performance.
The Data Science & AI Centre of Excellence exists to accelerate the value that Suncorp acquires from its investments in turning data into tangible value. It does this in two ways:
- By developing important use-cases (experiments, prototypes, fully productionised instances) within the team that are integrated into our business processes at scale.
- By supporting strategic leaders and the broader data science community across the Suncorp Group to invest in the right initiatives and deliver these utilising best practices. We do this by developing strong business relationships and providing strategic advice to core Data Science & AI decision makers.
- Engage with business stakeholders, understand their pain points and opportunities and work with them to solve their most difficult and impactful problems.
- Combine an inquisitive mind with an ability to understand a customer’s business context and translate the understanding into an innovative and iterative data science solution design that delivers value to business unit customers quickly.
- Create innovative data science technical solutions that you will execute to create value for our customers.
- Be accountable for the design and delivery of complex advanced data science components (data, models, algorithms, advice, deployment etc.) using onshore and offshore resources.
- Work within an agile framework to deliver incremental value to business customers throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Be accountable for the quality control of the core data science components (data, models, algorithms, advice etc) being delivered to Group customers.
- Possess exceptional technical capability in one or more areas of data science/machine learning.
- Advise other team members (and wider Technology & Transformation and Group team members) on relevant matters related to data science “best practice”.
- The Senior Data Scientist role is one of Suncorp’s leading technical data scientists. They will be expected to provide thought leadership on data science and AI ‘best practice’ through ongoing scans of the external environment. This includes the data science and AI ecosystem (e.g. platforms, tools and processes).
Skills & Experience:
- Superior results in a relevant advanced technical bachelor’s degree in quantitative subject area (e.g. statistics, actuarial, data science, mathematics, computer science).
- Membership of relevant professional body (e.g. IAPA, Actuaries’ Institute etc.) is valued, as the successful candidate is expected to be well-connected into external best practice.
- Relevant experience relative to position one is applying for (in an advanced analytical or data science related field of work).
- Advanced level of competence in solving difficult problems, using data science (advanced analytical) techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of the execution of a wide range of Data Science techniques and being able to do this in a way that is focussed on delivering tangible value. Must have experience in delivering complex machine learning or multivariate predictive analytics solutions in a commercial context (i.e. generalised linear models, tree-based approaches, NLP techniques etc).
- Proficient communication skills to be able to co-design solutions with customers. Emotional intelligence and the ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of internal stakeholders. The Data Scientist and Senior Data Scientist roles will regularly engage with Executive-level stakeholders.
- Discounts of up to 25% on our various Insurance, Banking & Superannuation products
- Flexible working environment and arrangements; genuine focus on work-life balance
- Numerous discounts with our corporate partners (retail & shopping / travel & holiday / health & wellbeing)
- We offer support and various programs for our people: (Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health & Wellbeing, Study Support, Employee Referral Program ($600), Facilities for nursing mothers, Company share options, Social club, and Years of Service Recognition.
Suncorp is a leading financial services provider in Australia and New Zealand, enabling more than nine million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. With a heritage dating back to 1902, we have grown to become a top-50 ASX-listed company with over 13,000 people. We offer banking, wealth management and insurance products and services through our well-recognised brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia, Shannons and Vero, as well as those from our partners.
Working as part of Suncorp Network we believe we are our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate, and where our people feel included, valued and connected. We are passionate about inspiring our people by creating an inclusive culture, offering flexible work, career development and internal mobility, and building connected relationships amongst our team members and with our customers. Joining Suncorp, you will be joining an organisation which cares and is proud of our achievements in being recognised for:
- Best Insurance Company in Corporate Social Responsibility (2018)
- Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for sixth consecutive year (2014-2019)
- Money magazine’s Bank of the Year and Business Bank for a fourth consecutive year (2018-2021)
- General Insurance Product Innovation of the Year (2018)
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today. For further information regarding this position, please contact Rochelle.email@example.com
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone is able to be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.
Advertised: 06 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time