Technology & DevelopmentJob Description:
Principal Machine Learning Engineer | AI Center of Excellence
This role is available in either of our sweet locations in:
Do you have a dynamic approach to solving problems and processing data at scale? Are you passionate about building machine learning (ML) tools for data scientists? Do you believe machine learning (ML) can have a material impact on how we do business and want to be a part of the journey to help teams, company-wide, enhance our players’ experiences? Then you could be our new, shiny, Principal ML Engineer!Your role within our Kingdom
You´ll be part of the AI Center of Excellence (ACE) team at King, working closely together with ML Engineers, ML Research Engineers and Data Scientists. Our mission? Discover potential ML use cases across the company, build data models & pipelines, ML models & infrastructure, provide ML use case services to our games reliably and at scale.
As ML Engineer at King, you will be using the latest technologies to build ML products that democratize ML model training, tuning and deployment across the company. With over 250+ million monthly active users and 50 billion events being uploaded daily, it’s key that you care about writing highly optimized code and care about quality. You’ll be working with both streaming as well as batch data in a highly challenging technical environment.
You will work in collaboration with business stakeholders, both within your team and supporting other teams, on creating value from data. Together with your team members you´ll get to learn on the job every day!Skills to create thrills
So what about you? You have hands-on experience in various ML projects working as an experienced ML engineer. You are a strong advocate for best practices in ML solutions and you have good intuition on what ML models might be most effective and efficient. You are a technical leader, meaning you will be responsible for developing and evolving the solutions fitting the use cases.Minimum Requirements:
Tasty bonus skills
- MS or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other engineering/scientific areas with 5+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience working in applied AI/ML and Data Science projects
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience with data science and machine learning concepts and algorithms
- Experience in distributed data processing and modeling (batch & streaming)
- Experience building data pipelines and ML pipelines
- Experience in GCP data products (BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Dataflow, Pub/Sub to name a few)
- Must be a tenacious and self-catalyzing problem solver. Must be able to synthesize disparate data, detect and work around broken data, and investigate every possibility until you are confident you have and understand a thorough solution
- Process-oriented driving toward visibility, accountability, and communication
- Team-oriented, ability to build long-lasting and collaborative relationships effectively. You work selflessly and enthusiastically, serving as a positive catalyst for collaborative solutioning
- You contribute to the expertise in every data and analytic conversation as well as you listen with openness to other’s expertise
- A passion for analytics and diving into as well as experiencing the products on which you work (video game enthusiasm with a solid understanding of the connection of gameplay to spending behavior is a plus)
- Ability to adapt quickly, high tolerance for ambiguity, and ability to coordinate on a team
Have any sweet experience with one or some of the following areas? Then we sure like to hear about them!
- Development in or exposure to environments/software products in Python and Java
- Experience working with Tensorflow, Pytorch, Flink, Kafka, Spark or similar
- Contributions to open source projects
- We know that you are into games on some level (casual, console, board-games, Uno etc.)
Buzz: Data Modeling, Programmer, ML Engineer, Gaming, GCP, Platforms, AI, ML, TDD, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Research and development, Data ScienceAbout King
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com