Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company’s inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.Meet The Team
As a Data Scientist, you will be a key contributor to Dexcom’s Global Data Science Team, collaborating to serve as the center of a best-in-class data science capability that augments and applies the whole of Dexcom’s data assets to drive value creation across the business, develop innovative data products, and enable a tailored Dexcom experience for all of our customers. You will be working with the latest big data technologies and cloud computing platforms. As a leader in experience individualization, you will work closely with marketing, customer experience, and technical stakeholders to design, develop, and launch data products aligned with Dexcom’s strategy.Where You Come In
What Makes You Successful
- You use statistical analysis and predictive modeling techniques to build knowledge of Dexcom products, processes, and customers.
- You query and analyze data in support of existing apps and other products in commercial use.
- You research the patterns and properties of diabetes centric data from the individual- to population-scale to inform product, digital services, and business development.
- You munge, clean, and interpret raw data into analysis-ready data sets.
- You assist in requirements definition, project scoping, timeline management, and results documentation to ensure professional relationship management.
- You perform high quality research independently and in collaboration with other functional teams at Dexcom.
- You collaborate closely with customer experience, marketing, product, and other business stakeholders to develop data products aligned with Dexcom’s strategy.
- You work with analytics and technical teams under agile development methods.
What You’ll Get
- Your experience working with databases, distributed computing platforms, and their SQL query interfaces.
- Your mastery of high-level programming languages for data science and analytics, such as Python.
- Your proficiency with machine learning, statistical inference, and algorithm development to create data products driving personalized experiences.
- Your expertise with statistical methods, programmatic analysis, and relevant software packages.
- Your aptitude for leveraging data visualization software and techniques to tell compelling stories using data.
- You are an adept independent researcher, results-driven, and motivated to solve hard technical challenges.|
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to translate complex methodologies and analytical results to business insights.
- Your knowledge of how to identify customer needs and instrument experiences across multiple channels, devices, and touchpoints.
- Your experience developing software and explainable AI, especially for regulated medical devices.
- A front row seat to life changing CGM technology. Learn about our brave #dexcomwarriors community.
- A full and comprehensive benefits program.
- Growth opportunities on a global scale.
- Access to career development through in-house learning programs and/or qualified tuition reimbursement.
- An exciting and innovative, industry-leading organization committed to our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
Experience And Education
Exempt Salary Details
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
- The annual base salary range for this role is $65,000 to $108,300. Final compensation package will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, business needs and market demand.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.