- 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development.
- Expertise in two or more Machine Learning problem types.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Strong Problem solving ability.
- Experience using Python and/or R.
- Experience using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib.
- Experience in mentoring junior team members, and guiding them on machine learning and data modeling applications.
- Strong communication and data presentation skills, familiarity with using data visualization tools.
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed, up to 50%.
AWS Professional Services is a very unique organization. Our customers are most-advanced companies in the world. We build for them world-class, cloud-native IT solutions to solve real business problems and we help them get business outcomes with AWS Cloud. Our projects are unique and often one-of-a-kind solutions that no one ever has done before.
As a Data Scientist in our Global Competency Center in Warsaw, you will work with Clients, partners and other AWS teams to get business insights from large volumes of data. You will build Machine Learning and Deep Learning models and develop AI/ML solutions. To be successful in this role you need to enjoy working with customers on business challenges, diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. Your role will be key to earning customer trust and references.
As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development. You must be comfortable leading others and driving work, rather than being part of the team. If you love to learn and want to innovate in the world of AI, AWS Professional Services is the right place for you.You will:
- work on innovative Data Science projects with various scope of Machine Learning problems,
- use Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras to help our customers build deep learning models,
- use SparkML and Amazon Machine Learning (AML) to help our customers build ML models,
- analyze and extract relevant information from business data to help automate and optimize processes, assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models,
- work with our Professional Services Big Data consultants to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data,
- work with our Professional Services DevOps consultants to help our customers operationalize models after they are built,
- establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation,
- be curious, research, learn and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- constantly ensure quality delivery of Data Science solutions,
- collaborate with sales and service team, as well as partner and customer stakeholders.
- 6+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis, predictive software development.
- An MS/PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field. PhD strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and SparkML.
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models.
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations.
- Good skills with imperative programming languages such as Java or C/C++.
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR.
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets.
- Experience working with distributed systems and grid computing.
- Experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format.
- Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs.
- Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences.
- Track record of blogging, writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new technologies or application architecture and design.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.