At Parallel Domain, we believe that autonomous systems – from self-driving cars to contactless delivery drones – have the opportunity to drastically improve the quality of life for billions of people. That is why we love what we do: enabling our customers to develop their technology safely using the Parallel Domain data generation platform. Our platform revolutionizes the way our customers generate sensor data for AI development. We're looking for people like you to join us in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and synthetic data.
Parallel Domain envisions a future where every life on the planet is improved by the transition to safer and more equitable AI. To enable that future, we are on a mission to accelerate the development of machine perception with synthetic data.
We don't define ourselves by the boxes we check, we define ourselves by how we can develop and face challenges that elevate our true potential. We expect you to apply to an opportunity that aligns with your skills, professional goals and core values. Due to the high number of applicants, only those selected to move forward with an interview will be contacted.What You'll Do:
What You'll Own:
- You’ll be part of the ML research team tasked with establishing best practises on creating and using synthetic data for perception
- You’ll develop perception algorithms, data pipelines, introspection tools, domain gap measures and domain adaptation approaches
- You’ll summarize your findings to help guide our team as well as our customers
- You’ll sync with your team on a daily basis to discuss progress, ideas and problems
- You’ll work with veterans from the gaming, movie and automotive industry
- Creating specific datasets for your experiments
- Adapting/implementing cutting-edge models and data pipelines
- Maintaining and optimizing our code base to enable fast experimentation
- Writing tools to inspect and measure the impact of synthetic data on training
- Summarizing and sharing your findings
- Supporting our customers
- Staying up to date with the latest research on synthetic data
- Team Mentorship
What You Bring:
- You're an expert in Machine Learning
- You are a team-player and understand the importance of clear communication
- You thrive in ambiguous environments
- You are not afraid to approach new challenges
- 5+ years of Machine Learning experience preferably in computer vision
- Experience in mentoring junior machine learning engineers
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Well-versed with developing machine learning models for computer vision tasks in either an industry or research environment
- Extensive experience in python Ability to write clean/maintainable codeWorking knowledge of Pytorch or Tensorflow
- You are fluent in english
- Experience with developing, deploying and improving perception stacks on AVs
- Experience with domain adaptation approaches or custom domain gap measures
- Experience at a fast-growing, young company
- Experience with workflow management systems such as Argo, Kubeflow, Airflow, Ray.io
This opportunity is only open to candidates based out of PST or MT timezones.Why join Parallel Domain?
We are assembling a team of talented visionaries crafting a new technology that will change the world. You will be able to learn, build, and scale in a collaborative, creative culture that values every team member.
Parallel Domain celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. We are committed to providing employees with an environment free of discrimination, bullying and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel Domain are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will maintain our commitment to and support of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics or physical/mental disability. Our commitment extends to any other protected classes which may exist under applicable law.
- Flexibility to work from our office in Yaletown, Vancouver or your home office
- Competitive compensation
- Employer-paid supplemental medical, mental health, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid parental leave
- New hire equipment + accessories budget to optimize your setup
- $2,000 CAD annual learning and development allowance