The Data Analyst works collaboratively with the Director of Institutional Research as well as various offices to meet data demands to provide sound business decisions for the Institution. Their duties include extracting data figures, creating reports based on their findings, and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to determine business initiatives’ success.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Foster teamwork and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams while maintaining professional integrity, confidentiality, and communication and establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with personnel, students, and external stakeholders in a multicultural environment;
- Work collaboratively across the campus to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Create reports and assist in the analysis of data for various campus departments;
- Create graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize data;
- Format/manipulate large data sets to find usable information;
- Create presentations and reports which are based on recommendations and findings;
- Process confidential data and information, following institutional guidelines;
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata;
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements;
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment;
- Provide technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing;
- Coordinate all Title III data implementation and reporting strategies and execute those strategies over the course of the grant.
Qualifications For The JobEducation
- Minimum baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the higher education field working with student information systems.
- Ability to translate and communicate data findings into non-technical, lay terms;
- Ability to work with large-scale datasets and relational databases;
- Experience in creating data visualizations; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in programming in SQL.