Department Name : Information Systems
VALUES THAT DEFINE OUR CULTURE
We are unified by the spirit of going above and beyond for our clients and each other. We look to foster a globally inclusive culture, enabling our people to be themselves at work and to join in, be heard, contribute, and grow. We continually seek to expand our workforce with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We recognize that our best ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, at any time and help us provide the best solutions for our clients around the globe.
Our inclusive work environment maximizes our diversity values, engagement, productivity, and ultimately makes FactSet a fun place to work.Role/Department Description:
The Enterprise Analytics team at FactSet provides actionable insights based on consistent, trusted data through a robust framework of analysis, infrastructure, and visualizations. Our vision is to empower the workforce to make informed decisions that drive value, growth, and efficiency throughout the enterprise.
We are currently looking for a candidate with strong background in modern cloud-based serverless development (Azure preferred) with the ability to build and maintain robust, stable and scalable solutions to ingest and store terabytes of data in real-time.
As a Data Engineer, you would be responsible for leading the architecture, design and development of the modern cloud-based solutions to ingest, store and process terabytes of data on a real-time basis. At the same time, you would collaborate with a group of other engineers (software/data) to integrate your deliverables with theirs to establish a robust end-to-end solution.Responsibilities:
- Strong experience as a senior developer on projects using modern cloud technologies methodologies such as Data Lake, Azure/Lambda functions, Docker/Kubernetes, Distributed systems and or MPP Data Warehouses (Azure Synapse Analytics, AWS Redshift).
- Experience being responsible for the design of enterprise application solutions of medium to high complexity, including solutions that integrate multiple custom and/or off-the-shelf technologies.
- Experience successfully developing cloud-based application solutions in Python, C#, SQL and Spark.
- Experience creating design artifacts for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent planning, organization, and leadership skills to estimate, track, and complete deliverables.
- Influence the team for right design and technology implementation and provide future architectural direction.
- Provide production support with occasional after-hours availability.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years proven experience designing and implementing solutions using Azure serverless or similar cloud-native architectures.
- 3+ years of experience in Advanced SQL programming working with large data sets.
- Hands on experience in cloud architecture, serverless computing, distributed systems, and handling database systems of petabyte scale.
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Very strong hands-on experience with C#, Python, SQL and Spark.
- Experience building and deploying production level services.
- Preferably a Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate (DP 203)