1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications into code for complex new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Writes programs, develops code, tests artifacts, and produces reports. Employs software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that support automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow up production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands development architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves elevated issues.
5. Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients. Performs systems analysis activities.
6. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard?s technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
7. Interfaces with cross functional team members, and communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
8. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies that deliverables meet requirements.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.