Technical data enthusiast with solid data preparation and data pipeline engineering skills.
Onedot was founded in 2014 to make unstructured and messy product data easy consumable by applying self-developed artificial intelligence.
We are a rapidly growing Swiss SaaS startup offering commerce and industry the first intelligent platform to source, onboard and distribute product data. Public companies with global presence and rich history as well as some of the fastest growing e-commerce startups are part of our expanding international customer base.
At Onedot, you will embed yourself into a demanding but exceptionally inspiring environment with lots of room for personal growth. We are looking for colleagues who want to have a meaningful impact and shape our trendsetting product and company. High-quality work is rewarded with a steep learning curve, lots of autonomy, responsibility and swift decision-making. Become part of a multi-cultural and multi-faceted team led by the founders. Talented, curious and committed human beings from all over the globe are looking forward to your ideas and taking you on board.
As a Data Engineer at Onedot, you build the core infrastructure of the Onedot platform together with our software engineering team. You are responsible of designing, building and maintaining production-grade data pipelines crunching up to 100M+ product data records per year and per customer. Designing and modelling complex data transformation process and implementing them in a scalable and efficient way is what motivates you. You have an eye to the detail and know how the inner workings of Spark and database technology in general affect performance and throughput of data pipelines. You like hands-on working with data and are curious to learn about groundbreaking new approaches to automated data preparation at Onedot. As a person, you are proud of your sharp analytical skills which do not only help you while trouble-shooting large-scale processing jobs on our clusters, but also make you excel at modelling data flows, optimising data transformation steps and tuning performance.
In this position, you work closely with our data analysts you use and maintain data pipelines, but also with the founders, software engineering and product management.
Onedot designs and engineers proprietary machine learning algorithms, probabilistic/statistical methods and advanced text understanding because existing approaches do not go far enough. Our technology achieves human-like performance and has already been trained with over 100 million different products.
Onedot is a startup backed by well-known international venture capital firms and world class entrepreneurs.
- Design, implement and maintain standardised production-grade Onedot data pipelines
- Construct and build modern data transformation processes and workflows
- Train machine learning models to perform advanced data operations at scale
- Translate complex customer data requirements and build them on the Onedot platform
- Implement automated tests to ensure precision/recall and runtime performance of standard data pipelines
- Master's degree in data science, computer science, business analytics, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in setting up Spark data pipelines for operational use cases
- Excellent programming skills in R, Python, or similar
- Proven ability to synthesise complex data and work closely with data analysts and product engineering
- Advanced technical skills related to data modelling, data mining, database design and performance tuning
- Deep understanding of state-of-the-art data engineering approaches
- Real-world implementation experience of machine learning applications
- Affinity to product data or master data management
- Expert know-how of Spark data pipeline engineering and performance tuning
- Relevant experience programming in Scala on Spark
- Practical experience with cloud services, ideally Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Good understanding of machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) concepts
- Getting-things-done mentality, thriving in a fast paced environment
- Performance-oriented compensation with the option to become shareholder, because we reward high-impact work
- Generous education & training budget to continuously broaden your skills
- Flexible work hours, because impact, not face-time counts
- Occasional work from home, so that you can focus and get things done
- Strong culture promoting open feedback and personal development, to learn from each other and push forward as one team
- Standing desks, powerful hardware and two additional monitors for maximum productivity
- Cool office space close to the city center, because we like it cosy and comfortable
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee and other perks to keep you going
- Regular team events to foster new ideas and better get to know each other
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our teams, Onedot is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
This is a permanent full-time position based in our office in Zurich/Schlieren, Switzerland.
Sounds interesting? Apply today and we will get in touch with you shortly!