Who We Are:
For more than 25 years, Aptima's mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive environments. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today's challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions:
What Makes Us Unique:
- Ensure synergy: between humans, the technologies they use, and the organizations within which they operate
- Enhance productivity: through human-AI teaming, unobtrusive measurement, data analytics, and intelligent interfaces
- Accelerate learning, training, and readiness: with precision learning that is customized, personalized, and efficient
Our culture is rooted on three principles that our founders planted, and our employees have embraced ever since— innovation, impact, and empathy:
. At our core, Aptima researches, develops, and innovates within an area that engineering firms largely ignore, the Human component. In order to impact the world in meaningful ways, you must bring those innovations to light, and that is precisely what we do.
Entrepreneurial and creative energy run through our veins. When our team chooses to continue their education or professionally publish their work, we cheer then on. Teamwork, collaboration, and a relentless focus on our customers are central tenants of our culture. Work hard. Take care of each other. Lead by example. Accept others for who they are.
So, while the world knows us as a company that is moving humans, technology, and AI forward, we believe we are something more.How You'll Make an Impact:
As a Data Engineer, you will work within Aptima's Performance Assessment Technologies division and have an active role in leading development of tools for assessing and augmenting human performance within a fast-paced, collaborative team. You will work within the entire engineering lifecycle, including software requirements analysis, detailed design, implementation and test of individual software modules along with development and testing of software systems and software applications and will use these tools to derive insights from data. Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with customers and internal stakeholders regarding requirements for transition and further scientific and technical development of the technology
- Maintain high quality software development leveraging internal and industry standards
- Coordinate software teams on projects leading architecture and design of software systems
- Derive business knowledge from large data repositories
- Continue to develop and expand software knowledge with acquiring new skill sets and experience through the course of development
- Software development in a team environment (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking, etc.)
- Excellent project team and customer-focused written and oral communication skills
- Proven technical project leadership at individual and team level
- Exposure to statistical methods, especially those related to exploratory data analysis
- User interface development for Desktop and/or Web applications
- Familiarity with one or more relational (SQL Server) and/or NoSQL (Elasticsearch) data storage technologies
- Familiarity with one or more data analytics tools (e.g., Python, R, Matlab)
- Developing innovative dashboard, data analytics, and data telemetry displays
- Experience working with unstructured data sets comprised of multiple disparate data sources
Working Conditions (ADA accommodations may be sought):
- U.S. Citizenship required or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- BA, BS, or equivalent in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience in related technical field
All applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED