Develops and applies interdisciplinary methods, algorithms, statistics, and research techniques in the development of data driven solutions to extract knowledge, provide insights, and present information from data in various structures and unstructured forms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
- Performs analysis of data systems, such as Big Data systems *
- Performs statistical analysis and provides input for reports and dashboards*
- Assists in the development of data products, reports, and dashboards or other display techniques*
- Evaluates data, algorithms, and their interaction to improve algorithm performance*
- May apply advanced statistics, including natural language processing and machine learning to create solutions
- Assists with data modeling and data virtualization*
- Writes code to preprocess and clean data
- May conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, data science, engineering, math, statistics, operations research or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning, data science techniques and mathematical approaches
- Working knowledge of current operating systems and programming languages
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for DIA-SCI access. Candidate selected must successfully pass a DIA CI polygraph within 60 days of hire
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Operations Research or related field or equivalent experience
- Proactive self-starter capable of finding and solving problems with little guidance
- Applied Mathematics experience in areas such as Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, and Partial Differential Equations
- Possess a deep understanding of the mathematical concepts behind Artificial Neural Networks, and know how to tailor activation functions, loss functions, and network layers, beyond the use of basic ML libraries
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, CI/CD pipelines, and Agile methodologies
- DoD Analyst background
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.