Senior Data Engineer - Remote
75,000 - 100,000 + Benefits
This Data Engineer role will allow you to expand and utilise your skills in a growing team working alongside one of the largest data sets in Portugal.
As a global leader in their respective field, they generate a large amount of data and are constantly discovering new ways to manipulate mass data sets to understand their customers and optimise every aspect of their experience by building a data lake that will be used by the whole company
As a Senior Data Engineer - Technology Expert, you will be working with a small team of like-minded individuals on an endless amount of data in an agile environment
- Build and design real-time and batch data pipelines in a cloud environment
- Deploy CI/CD pipelines in AWS
- You will be using Spark and Kafka on a daily basis
- You will be developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining distributed scalable data processing applications (microservices)
- Convert algorithms, models, and features into production solutions,
- You will be using modern technologies such as AWS Redshift Airflow, Kafka, Spark, and Scala.
Skills and Requirements
To qualify for this Senior Data Engineer role, you will need:
- Commercial experience within AWS services including Amazon Kinesis, SQS, Lambda, ECS, DynamoDB
- Strong commercial coding abilities
- Essential to have experience with SQL, Python, CI/CD, Kafka
- Experience working with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Scala etc.)
- Strong experience with streaming data processing frameworks (Spark Streaming, Kafka streams and Apache Beam)
- Ideally experience working with Data Warehousing
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Fluent English (Dutch is not a requirement)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Remote working (This role is currently fully remote until further notice)
- Competitive holidays
- Travel allowance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Great progression opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Luc Simpson-Kent via the Apply link on this page.