Hungry for a challenge?
That’s good, because at SkipTheDishes, part of Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET), we have abundant opportunity or as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners in countries across the globe.The opportunity
We are looking for engineers with passion for using machine learning to create intelligent applications. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be part of the Data Science team inside the Product and Tech group with +2200 brilliant developers, engineers, analysts and researchers. Honestly, it is a great environment! You will work with brilliant people with world class knowledge, and a passion for sharing knowledge and solving interesting and complex problems. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms and techniques along with our team researching solutions to a variety of supply & demand problems, and the many related logistical challenges around optimizing a profitable service. From predicting ETAs to pricing problems, our ML pipelines are the backbone of the things we do.Key Qualifications
- Proven academic/industry experience in Machine Learning or similar, developing technologies for forecast or logistics products.
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language; Python preferred.
- Able to work independently and solve complex problems, with a demonstrated ability to productize and deploy using cloud services (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud).
- Strong background in working with microservices and event-driven architecture, serverless computing and cloud architecture patterns.
- Basic familiarity with ML tools and packages like TensorFlow, pyTorch etc.
- Practical experience building production quality applications related to machine learning, optimization process, or continuous experimentation.
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven processing systems.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Ability to collaborate closely with multi-functional teams, driving forward best practices.
- Clear oral and written communication.
What’s It's Like To Work At Skip
- Researching, implementing, and deploying innovative ML techniques applicable to logistics problems.
- Scaling and transferring novel machine learning solutions to improve our decision making processes and solutions in their different product use cases.
- Implementing and launching Data Science applications that coordinate with front facing solutions; constant improvements using performant and efficient ML models.
- Implementing tools, data pipelines, and evaluation frameworks to enable development, iteration, and launch of ML ideas within the product scope.
Skip is the kind of workplace that garnered a “Top Places to Work in Manitoba” and it was no small coincidence. We set out to make this a place our employees are proud to tell their family, friends and anyone who will listen that they work here. Skip team members feel pride knowing their input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment, we’d love to hear from you.
SkipTheDishes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Boxes are for pizza, not people. So however you identify and whoever you love, you are free to be you at Skip. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees feel they truly belong and where everyone is included, seen, heard and respected.
In keeping with our values, all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of: gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital/domestic partner status, (dis)ability, neurodivergence, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process, we encourage you to reach out to your talent acquisition specialist.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.