Technology Infrastructure at Starbucks
At our core, we believe technology is a key enabler for growth and is required for business success in the future. We believe Starbucks must advance its technology resources and think long term to innovate and deliver maximum value for our partners, customers and shareholders. We believe it takes collaboration and partnership to deliver results and we will work across the company to enable sustainable business capabilities- not just fulfill immediate needs.
The Enterprise Data and Analytics Platform team is in the middle of an exciting transformation in building out On Demand platforms to enable Machine Learning at scale to power multiple Data , AI, ML initiatives. As such, your role will be key contributor to building and securing next generation Machine Learning capabilities into Enterprise Data and Analytics Platform.Job Summary and Mission
As a Starbucks Application Developer Lead , your core role will be contributing to the development and operations of our Enterprise Data and Analytics Platform.
In this role you will be responsible for advancing research, planning, design, development, implementation and operations of ML Data Handling Infrastructure, ML Training Infrastructure, ML Model Deployment Infrastructure and Frameworks that are provisioned on Demand, hardened for Starbucks Security standards and Digital scale,
You will bring in solid skills to act as an Individual Contributor involving:
- Azure Cloud Automation using Python or Powershell and ARM
- Demonstrated expertise in Kubernetes Cluster Design, administration and operations
- Demonstrated expertise in CICD tooling such as Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops
- Exposure to Azure services like Azure Databricks and Azure Machine Learning desirable
- General appreciation of best in class open source ML Infrastructure solutions and ecosystem such as MLFlow , JupyterHub, KubeFlow,PolyAxon,Ffdl,Lore, StudioML desirable.
This role requires your A-Game: Deep technical proficiency in enterprise-scale cloud native applications required. So, if you believe, like we do, that a cup of coffee can change a life and change our world, come check us out and help us deliver that same amazing experience to our customers around the globe.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.Summary of Experience:
Basic qualifications for this role are:
- 7+ Years of experience in IT Build Engineering, infrastructure and delivery experience.
- Must have 4+ years of experience building highly available, scalable cloud based platform and infrastructure for cloud native systems.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in software Project life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying Internet-based products or services
- 3+ years experience in Microsot Azure Cloud Automation using ARM, Python/Powershell, Kubernetes, Jenkins or Azure Dev Ops, Linux admin
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems or a related field.
- Deep expertise in Microsoft Azure Cloud Automation
- Deep Expertise in Kubernetes
- Deep expertise in CICD tools
- Deep expertise in Linux administration
- General understanding of Machine Learning and Machine Learning Infrastructure solutions
- Candidate must have strong technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts with management, architects, developers and systems & applications engineering teams.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Curiosity to understand how things work and how they can be improved.
- Leads by example – with confidence, a positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity
- Excellent organization and facilitation skills; ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements
- Experience in definition, assessment, and optimization of IT processes (SDLC, ITIL, etc.,)
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes
- Seeks and provides honest, transparent feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with strong interpersonal skills and interact with all levels of the organization.