AutoZone is the leading aftermarket auto parts retailer. To continue on the cutting edge of commerce, we are a data driven organization. Out Data Management team plays a key role in supporting all our business analysts. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who can build integration solutions and support data systems managed by our Data Management team.Job Responsibilities
Participate in any and potentially all roles of the systems development life cycle. Roles may vary by project and assignment. This may include, but not limited to:
- Great communication skills including the ability to translate business requirements into detailed technical requirements
- Develop, plan and/or maintain software applications and/or systems; debug, design, code, test, write specifications, roll-out software, and production support.
- Engineer data integration solutions between IOT devices, stores and services.
- Research and/or investigate new technologies, perform Proof of Concept (POC) as per the directions from the Architecture team.
- Accurate work planning and execution; accurate project and time tracking.
- Responsible for the development of less experienced AutoZoners; mentor and teach
- Responsible for defining code specifications and how systems will be constructed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field required
- Typically requires 5 – 8 years of experience based on consistently demonstrated capabilities
- Required technical skills:
o Languages: Proficiency in Java or other alternative languages. Setup and administering environments involving the language
o Firm understanding of SOA, Microservices or Enterprise Application Integration Patterns (EAI)
o Databases: Proficient in writing SQL queries against RDBMS, conceptual understanding of RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
o Data Warehousing: Conceptual knowledge of DW and industry best practices, building ETL pipelines (Knowledge of cloud data warehousing preferred)
- Preferred technical skills:
- Big Data Technologies : Proficient in one of the big data and streaming technologies
o Apache Hadoop
o Apache Kafka, Apache Flume
o MPP Databases such as Greenplum, HP Vertica (or) Cloud Databases such as BigQuery or Snowflake (BigQuery preferred)
o OS: Proficient in working with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
- Experience in working on Waterfall or Agile development (Agile preferred)
- Advanced problem solving, domain technical and analytical skills
- Subject matter expertise in more than one functional area (Retail preferred)
- Teaching, coaching and mentoring
- Advanced system estimation, planning and execution skills
- Often provides technical supervision to others