We are looking for a
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d)
full-time in Baden-Baden, Wiesbaden, Düsseldorf or Home Office
We are hiring in spite of COVID-19!
We are still growing and looking for you.
The application process is completely digitalized. Familiarization can also take place in the home office, for example.
Experian is a trusted partner to many of the largest and most ambitious lenders worldwide and we are looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist to join our Analytics, Consulting and Customer Services team. In this role you will use your skills and experience in modelling and advanced analytics, coupled with our incredible data asset and data supplied by our clients to deliver effective data products and solutions that help our clients mitigate risk and lend effectively. You will also have the opportunity to utilize and extend the Experian Ascend Analytics on Demand, our analytical platform, to deliver client analytics, create new credit tools, extract new insights and analytics and improvements to our analytics processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Data Analysis/ Scorecard Development/ Analytical Solutioning
o Develop analytical solutions using best practice analytical techniques.
o Interpret the analytical results, ensuring they are accurate and that they achieve the business objectives.
o Maintain high-quality data products throughout the entire model life cycle.
- Supporting client relationships
o Where required, engaging in a consultative way with the clients to identify problems and define and develop solutions together with analytical consultants.
- Innovation and efficiency
o Utilise your prior experience and research to find new techniques and approaches to support our business' ambitions through the use of analytics tools and techniques.
o Support a culture of continuous improvement by ensuring we can work efficiently, effectively and at the highest levels of quality.
- Degree or equivalent standard in (economic) mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, economics, (economic) computer science or a related field.
- Practical experience of statistical/ analytical project work through traditional (e.g. logistic regression) and newer techniques (e.g. machine learning algorithms and their application in forecasting, natural language processing, etc.), preferably in the optimisation of customer processes
- Strong knowledge of at least one relevant data analysis application/programming language (Python, SAS)
- Knowledge of i) scoring and data products (analytics and data services) in the credit bureau industry or ii) big data and cloud technologies is an advantage
- Quick understanding of complex interrelationships in order to find data-driven solutions
- Experience in manipulating large datasets, ability to identify genuine data issues and investigate root causes
- Collaborative and a team worker
- Strong communication/ presentation skills in both German and English, in particular the ability to present analytical issues in a comprehensible way to non-specialists
What you can expect:
We reward you: you receive an above-average salary and other interesting variable components.
We give you flexibility: So that you can combine work and private life in the best possible way, we offer flexible working hours, opportunities for mobile working and 30 vacation days per year.
We cover you: We take care of your health and security through our company pension scheme, employee consultation services and our own company doctors.
We offer employee discounts: You benefit from generous employee discounts and perks with our partner companies.
We stand for diversity: We promote an open working environment for all employees.
We would be happy to explain to you about our other benefits during the interview!
About Experian DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
Experian is the global leader in information services. In 2020, the company acquired a majority stake in the Risk Management division of Arvato Financial Solutions and thus established Experian DACH as the leading service provider in the region for risk, fraud and identity management. Building on the classic business of a credit agency, Experian DACH offers its customers advanced technical solutions and consultation from experts. It helps borrowers in responsible credit management. When doing business via anonymous digital channels, Experian protects sellers from fraud (e.g. fake customers, stolen data or false identities).
Experian DACH employs around 350 people at 7 different locations within Germany.
Further information can be found at https://www.experian.de