Stefanini is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA
- Architect and lead the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of on-prem and cloud based complex data systems, Analytics and solutions.
- Understand the existing on-prem technology landscape & implementations and recommend the best strategy & solutions to migrate and deliver on cloud.
- Create and maintain current, transition and target-state data architectures.
- Define and manage standards, guidelines, and processes to ensure data quality.
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities.
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers' needs and develop solutions.
- Evaluate, select, and implement new tools and frameworks to expand our data management, storage and analytics platform capabilities.
- Mentor and upskill fellow team members
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry and use that to drive prototyping new platform capabilities
- Provide data engineers, data scientists, data modelers and data architects with technical advice and guidance on the best data practices on cloud
- Exceptional competency in structured enterprise thinking
- A solid understanding of AWS cloud data platforms/services such as Athena, Data Pipeline, EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift etc.
- Expert knowledge of data management, data integration, data modelling and understanding of different data stores and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases.
- Proficiency in SQL and Java. Knowledge of Python and distributed technologies such as Spark is a plus.
- Desire to build deep expertise in cloud native technologies and design of data driven applications that are deployed to cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs
- Strong cloud Integration and hybrid cloud solution design experience (on-prem & cloud-AWS) is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
- Experience with ETL and other business intelligence tools
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
- Defining data migration roadmap with corresponding business justification
- Ability to provide guidance on best practices with NoSQl databases
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles, strategies, and standards