Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalized Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of both in vitro diagnostics and manufacturing and selling of several innovative drugs. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Senior Real World Data Scientist for a 12-months contract to be based in Basel .
The ideal candidate has 2 to 4 years of experience within observational research design and analysis.This person should have industry experience, have run studies and done comparative effectiveness/safety research. The ideal candidate has a formal epidemiology training or statistics but they should have demonstrated experience designing and executing observational studies.
- Identify & recommend data solutions: Ask the right technical questions, understand the design needs for research and development, regulatory, medical and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- Develop data strategy & gain access to data: Develop strategic plans to access fit-for-purpose data sources to support evidence generation, and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- Dive into data: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data company work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- Be an expert in applying methods: Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical ethodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.Produce high quality analyses: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- Interpret and share results: Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; publish results; participate in external meetings and forums to present your insights (e.g. congress/conference).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- MSc, PhD in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., epidemiology or statistics/biostatistics).
- Between 2 to 4 years’ experience in RWD: demonstrated track record of developing and execution of data science research projects, patient-level data analyses (e.g., real world data (e.g. registries, claims), surveys, clinical trials, genomic or imaging data) with publications and presentations.
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Experience working with Flatiron would be an added advantage.
- Good to have experience with either Oncology or Neuroscience.