- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering).
- 5+ years of relevant experience one of the following areas: data science, data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in the design, creation and management of large datasets/data models.
- Expert-level proficiency in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications.
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
Amazon Fuse is one of the fastest-growing and strategic new business areas inside Amazon. We are looking for a talented Data Engineer (DE) who is passionate about using data to drive crucial business decisions regarding our digital subscriptions. This role will focus on building world class processes around designing, collecting, organizing and presenting data to analyze traffic, understand customer behavior, feature performance and marketing efforts from business partnerships. As a Data Engineer working on the analytics platform, you will develop and support analytic capabilities to give flexible and structured access to data that is timely, accurate and actionable.
- Develop and maintain data sets to measure the performance of the program. This will include building metrics for High Value Actions, engagement, acquisition and landscape.
- Build, maintain and optimize scalable self-service solutions that empower stakeholders to address their data needs.
- Liaising with technology teams across Amazon to influence data model designs and data sharing. This may include writing papers to influence executive decisions.
- Assist business stakeholders in creating and implementing business requirement documents to drive projects, working backward from customer needs.
- Implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes for difficult datasets to deliver accurate and timely data and reporting to meet or exceed SLAs
- Communicate timely information to all stakeholders on current and future initiatives, prioritizing based on the organization’s needs.
- This position can work remotely or within a local Amazon office. Travel to Seattle is required as needed.
- 7+ years of experience as a data engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources.
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
- Knowledge with statistical and/or econometric modeling.
- Experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.