POP TV is an emerging regional OTT Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) media service based out of Singapore.
POP TV mobile application brings extensive library of local and curated localised content at affordable rates with low mobile data usage for the Filipino mass market to revolutionize mobile entertainment.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to be responsible for enhancing and contributing to the existing framework of the applications. In a continuous development mode, you are expected to drive positive improvements to the applications, especially in the architecture, performance and user experience as a whole.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Interprets and analyses data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Collecting structured and unstructured data
- Building machine learning algorithms and predictive models.
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Degree in Engineering/ Mathematics /Data Science, or related field
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience in data mining
- Able to balance multiple projects and assignments.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, problem-solving and business skills.
- Genuine interest in the rapidly changing video industry with understanding of OTT video services and direct to consumer technologies