We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a
culture of inclusion
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Data Scientist, Cryptocurrency
CipherTrace, a Mastercard company is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
The CipherTrace Data Research will:
- Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and DeFi
- Establish and scale data science strategy and research.
- Collaborate with partners, data team to articulate data needs and enforce best
- Perform quality testing on blockchain cryptocurrency tools.
- Devise heuristics and algorithms around criminal tracing tools and deliver into
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit the team and the product
- Co-design software with product managers, designers, frontend, backend, and
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
- Ability to research technologies in the blockchain space, define use cases and
- Advanced background in financial products and mathematical algorithms.
- Deep understanding of fundamentals of statistics and probability.
- Built, deployed and maintained machine learning models in production.
- Clearly communicate complex results to both technical and non-technical
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Build predictive patterns and outcomes into product features.
- Deep understanding of how Bitcoin and Ethereum works.
- Deep understanding of routing nodes, staking infrastructure, and novel systems
to manage liquidity.
- Blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
Nice to have:
- Deploying code with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience with Google Cloud, and container technologies.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.