As the UMZU Data analyst you will conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design while developing analysis and reporting capabilities. You will also monitor performance transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth. The goal is to find the story within that information. Then, we can use those insights to make better choices.
What you will do in this role (Job Duties):
- Work closely with the Chief eCommerce Officer to understand and maintain focus on UMZU’s analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to UMZU leadership.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions about market trends or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
What we are looking for in this role (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Proven analytic and technical skills, regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
What would set you apart in this role (Preferred Qualifications):
- Prior experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques.
- Experience working with Server Side Tracking through Google Tag Manager.
- Experience setting up and validating eCommerce tracking configurations for channel segmentation and attribution.
- Experience in the wellness and fitness industry.
- Experience devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Familiarity with machine-learning and operations research.
- Familiarity of R, SQL and Python.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
What you get from UMZU (Why work for us):
Our mission is simple - You deserve to thrive. At UMZU (pronounced OOM-zoo), we believe our mission also applies to our team. We're not just building a business, we're igniting a movement to change the way we all think about health, and our team is key in our success. We are a team of 70 zuCrew members spread all over the U.S. and growing. Join our mission and thrive.
To our Customers, we deliver research-backed information that cuts through the nonsense, high-quality supplement solutions to real problems, and top-notch customer service that educates and motivates the public.
To our Team, we deliver:
- Competitive Pay with transparent structures
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Optional Insurances for Pets, Mental Health, and more!
- 401K Employer Match
- 200 Hours of Vacation a year!
- 6 Paid Holidays (Customer Care and Warehouse get 2 additional floating holidays)
- Tuition Allowance for all employees
- $200 monthly allowance for all UMZU products
- Unlimited access to the UMZU Fit Library with wellness and fitness content
- And MORE!