Data Scientist 4-210007PH
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
Oracle IT are actively working to hire a Data Scientist to support the push to be fully data-driven. Working in an Engineering function, the successful candidate will be part of an established Data & Observability Platform product team delivery solutions that:
- Increase the availability, reliability and compliance of delivered IT services, against SLO & policy targets, through comprehensive management, diagnostic and analytics services
- Simplify and enrich the value and use of data through common ingestion, exchange, retention, assurance, search and visualisation capabilities.
- Reduce operational toil and continuously growing end-user satisfaction with OIT delivered services through end-to-end data science, analytics and automation/ML driven responses.
The ideal candidate is adept at interpreting large data sets to find opportunities for product, process, cost optimization, and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
Mandatory Qualification/Experience includes:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on Cloud, IT Operations and Solutions/Product development
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong understanding of Cloud principles, operational approaches (DevOps/SRE) and technology sets (Oracle, AWS, Azure, Google)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Job: Business Operations
Other Locations: IN-IN,India-Bengaluru
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire