About This Opportunity
As the company at the forefront of the creation of the mobile world, and with more than 60,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. Being part of Ericsson empowers you to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping future technology. Ericsson is an inclusive employer where you are recognized for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team.
Within the Solution Area Network Design and Optimization Software R&D (SA NDO SW R&D), we offer the opportunity to collaborate with highly qualified teams and to enable success stories for our customers. You will be exposed to groundbreaking technology (5G, ML/AI, Automation and Cloud computing) and support the delivery of multiple data projects from our customer base and internal requirements. You must have the ability to perform hands-on data engineering tasks independently coupled with the appropriate testing. Are you ready to write the future with us?What You Will Do
You will bring
- Ensuring excellence in the E2E delivery of our products relying on data engineering.
- Supporting the design of technology solutions that meet the business needs in terms of quality, scalability, performance, automation and security.
- Leading the design and development of database build, injection projects, and data processing, collaborating with research & development teams.
- Design & implement independently the initiatives on how to improve the performance and the design of the data workflow and to make the data in a fit-for-purpose accessible to the teams.
- Design & implement automated data quality checks, metrics and ETL workflows.
- To take accountability and sharing responsibility for the implementation, dissemination, and adherence of Ericsson Data Engineering methodologies, processes & principles.
- To support the data roadmap strategic initiatives impacting the Data Engineering field such as Continuous Integration methodologies.
- To provide high-standard documentation and guidelines across the delivery cycle.
- The role will be R&D focused and will articulate technology deliverables in both technical and plain English language.
Why join Ericsson?
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as Data Engineer or similar roles with demonstrable experience in delivering technology solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling, scalable ELT/ETL development, data lakes and data warehousing.
- Background in database development using SQL Server, Redshift or equivalent technologies
- Demonstrated experience in relational databases: design, manipulate and query the data.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Testing and CI/CD development.
- Demonstrated experience with PySpark and Scala.
- Experienced with BI visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI,…).
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, concepts, and approaches.
- Analytical skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cloud-native development is a plus.
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.