When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We're a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you're fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you'll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.What you'll be doing...
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our data practices and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI and data will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company. At hundred and thirty six billion dollars in annual revenue, this is a pioneering opportunity to build the data products and talent at a top global telco organization.
With our leadership in bringing 5G networks nationwide, the opportunity for AI and Data will only grow exponentially in going from enabling new revenue opportunities and exquisite customer experience through real-time data insights. Therefore, it will be critical that this candidate possess previous experience, passion and strong commitment to creating value for Verizon's customers, employees, stakeholders and the society.
You will design,develop and implement data pipelines and ETL processes from various sources into data warehouses, data lakes and public/private cloud platforms. Collaborate with cross-functional teams like data architecture and governance, business enablement, operation support to understand the data requirements and build data products. You will be a part of a data engineering team and report to the Sr. Manager of data services and interfaces team.
What we're looking for...
- Wrangling with raw data from large, diverse data formats such as structured data (csv, Big Query ..), unstructured data (xml, yaml ..), binary data (Avro, Parquet ..) from our distribution partners.
- Work closely with the AI&D Data engineering teams to ingest data, transform and expose data for AI/ML model development, curation and data productization.
- Work with business product owners to understand business requirements and use cases
- Support the evaluation of tools for use case fit, perform vendor/tool comparisons and present recommendations
- Monitor the code and overall application to ensure seamless performance.
- Ensure data quality and integrity by implementing data validations, cleaning and curation processes.
- Contribute to the design and development of application standards, common reference architecture.
- Work closely with global teams (onshore and offshore coordination) to deliver the data products as a team.
You're curious about new technologies and the game-changing possibilities it creates. You like to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and apply your technical expertise to solve business problems. You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment working as a phenomenal teammate to drive the best results and business outcomes.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- 4+ years of Data Engineering experience and 1-2 years Java programming language.
- Experience with streaming-processing systems (Spark-Streaming, Storm, Kafka...)
- Good knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts
- Familiar with Big Data tools (Spark, Hive, Oozie...)
- Hands-on experience in any cloud environment (GCP, AWS, Azure, Snowflake ..)
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Hands on Java programming expertise in Data Engineering Activites
- Experience in building CICD pipelines using Jenkins, Git.
- Master's degree.
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect Certification
- Hands on Python programming experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience transforming complex data into structured format
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Verizon is committed to maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
- We are a 'pay for performance' company and your contribution is rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
- Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of the best providers.
- You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program, to empower you to make positive health decisions.
- We offer generous paid time off benefits to help you manage your work life balance and opportunities for flexible working arrangements*.
- Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding towards education assistance, award-winning training, online development tools and access to industry research.
- You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as part of our environmental, community and sustainability commitment.
Your benefits package will vary depending on the country in which you work.
*subject to business approval
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every even better qualification listed above.
This role is eligible to be considered for the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.Scheduled Weekly Hours
40Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.