At Silent Eight, we develop our own AI-based product that combats Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing. We are a RegTech Firm working with large international banks such as Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC and financial institutions.
Join us and help us make the world safer.
️ Short Job description:
- Salary: 21 000 - 25 500 PLN/month (B2B) or 16 600 - 20 150 PLN/month (Contract of Employment)
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid days to balance your work and life in a way that suits you best
- Work focus: Develop AML (Anti-Money Laundering) solution using various data science techniques
- Employment Type: B2B or Contract of Employment
- Location: Fully remote forever
- Flexible working hours: Yes (with a start time between 7.00 AM - 9.00 AM CET/CEST)
- Career growth: Promotion and great development opportunities within the organization
Modern technology stack:
- Work methodology: Scrum
- Main technologies: Python 3, SQL,
- Tools used: Flask, Pandas, PySpark, nltk, gRPC, Jupyter Notebooks, Docker
- Build server: Jenkins, GitLab
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Code reviews: GitLab
- Issue tracking tool: Jira
- Knowledge repository: Confluence, Google Drive
- Operating system: Linux
- Freedom to choose tools: Yes
- Python, Pyspark, Pandas; NLP Libraries
- Statistics and machine learning.
- Translate complex, technical concepts into actionable, high-level business ideas
- Linux environment (Bash) and continuous integration will get you extra points
- English B2/C1
✔️ Your daily tasks on the job:
- Learn from Subject Matter Experts (financial crime, machine learning, software architecture and more)
- Work with technologically fluent management, who understand the hardships of data science and software development from experience
- Maintain strong autonomy with no micromanagement
- Set worldwide standards for identifying money laundering and terrorism financing events
- Approach the problem with any solution that works, be it machine learning or otherwise
- Hone your NLP and text analysis skills to a master level
- Communicate the business value of your work
You will be co-creating our business solutions
We believe that your feedback allows us to create the best solutions as well as adjusted work culture. You will have a real impact on the growth of the company and the product we develop.
We are not another young, dynamic team. At Silent Eight, everyone is a leader in their own field with perspective and experience shared across teams and departments.
Because learning never ends, we encourage each of our employees to take a day to learn or try something new. Take a Development Day, on us!
We are passionate about technology and continuous development. Our colleagues are happy to share their knowledge during internal training sessions.
Team building events
We know that our success is only possible if we work together as a team. We are a group of enthusiasts who share common passions and goals. Therefore we like to meet together.
If you join our team, you will regularly meet us for tea talks, during which we can get to know each other better.
100% remote work forever
We are not new to remote work-life. In fact, we’ve been doing it since 2013 and we know how to make you feel supported and connected with your team.do that and bond with our team. Therefore, you can be sure that your role will not move to the office.
Don't wait and join our team!
Silent Eight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 3 Church Street, Samsung Hub #25-01, Singapore 049712 for purposes of the recruitment process for the position of Data Scientist under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.