Sitting within the Commercial Team this role will deal with all areas of insight across reporting, analytics and machine learning, enabling YouView to leverage its vast and unique behavioural datasets. The team is the central data function that enables data-driven decision-making and data-centric viewer experiences. Key internal stakeholders for the insight team include Product, UX, Operations, software engineering teams and the Executive Team. External stakeholders include corporate shareholders and customers such as ISP Product, Content and Ops teams and PSB audience insight teams.
Technical data expert
- Collaborate as data expert within the business to understand and shape data projects with internal Product, Ops and engineering team stakeholders, Senior Data Product Owner, Senior Insight Manager and Head of Data and Insights.
- Recommend the right technical approach for the right problem, balancing impact, complexity, time and rigour
- Work with Data Product Owner to deliver regular reporting and bespoke dashboards using existing BI tools that enable the business and external stakeholders to understand evolving viewer behaviour patterns on the platform and more targeted behavioural insights around product features.
- Deliver insights through deep dive analytics and data science projects using complex datasets to contribute clear and timely evidence to enable Product team decision making.
- Adapt investigations to follow the evidence, bearing in mind business benefit and stakeholder goals throughout
Data science and machine learning
- Leverage statistical knowledge to grow YouView’s existing toolsets around multivariate A/B/n testing, quasi-experimentation and causal inference methods that underpins a culture of experimentation within the business.
- Build explainable machine learning models for the purpose of driving insights and also for the purpose of creating personalised end viewer experiences.
- Deliver insights from sequence mining behavioural data to support Product Design and accelerate diagnostics
Stakeholder management support
- Communicate technical content in accessible manner to non-technical audience.
- Build a close working relationship with the data engineering team, continually supporting our ‘one team’ philosophy to lower barriers between build and deployment.
- Support the management of quality/hygiene of YouView datasets. Suggest improvements, ensure bugs and outliers are identified and champion for fixes.
- Competitive Salary on offer
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible working
- Hybrid office, working from home/remotely
- London City location with easy access to Cannon Street & London Bridge
- Pension Plan
- Private Healthcare
- Holiday purchase programme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free Set Top Box
- Staff Discount Scheme
YouView is an on-demand TV service with over 70 live digital channels. It seamlessly combines seven day catch¬up on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 with a library of on demand television programmes, films and radio. A range of quality content is available via on demand players from Netflix, Now TV, Milkshake!, UKTV Play, STV and S4C. YouView has record, pause and rewind TV functionality as well as a simple search and more.
Our social, supportive team is made up of the brightest minds available, in a truly dynamic business with clear growth and development potential.
YouView launched in summer 2012, brought BT Sport over IP in 2013, an upgrade to 4k and the launch of Netflix in 2014, partnered with Sony to offer the UI for its TVs in 2015 and brought the first UHD device to the UK. YouView launched a major upgrade to its underlying platform in 2017 with an award-winning UI in the UK with a powerful cloud back office providing new data and insights into how consumers watch and find TV. It recently announced the launch of Amazon Prime with BT and the arrival of Sky Atlantic in early 2019.
YouView continues to innovate and is working with the BBC to trial a UHD version of BBC iPlayer. YouView has won a number of major industry awards including Advanced TV Innovation of the Year at the 2017 Content Innovation Awards and Best Platform at the annual T3 Awards and most recently winner of the National Technology Awards for TV, Film and Broadcasting Technology of the Year.
Find out more about us on our social media: