The mission of the Data Services department is to enable a data-driven organization through a governed, scalable and agile data foundation.
As a member of the Data Services Department, you will be part of the team responsible for building and operating a modern, scalable platform for reporting, analytics and data science. As the Associate Data Engineer, you will support in and gain an understanding of how to ensure the data platform runs smoothly to help maximize data integrity, performance and ease of access to data. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless – from a rewarding career in Data Services, to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the Associate Data Engineer, you will:
- Develop a consistent, intuitive and scalable platform that supports data requirements for today and tomorrow.
- Build and maintain resilient data pipelines that transform unorganized data into modeled and accessible information; support the end-to-end process from data acquisition through the distribution of data products for use in reporting and analytics, including ensuring successful completion of scheduled jobs and reports.
- Develop robust reporting and dashboards that serve the business with insights for decision making; investigate issues and recommend enhancements to existing reports.
- Ensure access to consistent and reliable data while balancing the need for security and privacy; regularly monitoring key quality and compliance metrics, and ensuring up-to-date metadata and documentation is available for end users.
The Associate Data Engineer has:
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow oneself
- A dedication to operational efficiency, investing in process and systems to improve team and business results
- The intellectual and emotional intelligence to tactically partner cross-functionally in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The skills to set clear objectives and hold oneself accountable to reach your full capability and maximize your capacity
- Proven skills, education, applicable certifications, or the desire to learn SQL, Python, data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Crystal Reports), GitHub, cloud platforms (e.g., Google Cloud, AWS, Azure), and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known .