At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for leading the definition and development of data science efforts within the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong business acumen, experience in the clinical field as well as leadership skills for cross-team project leadership. This position will require good understanding of Globus Medical as well as procedures it offers to efficiently add new competences to the organization. In addition to leadership and management skills, this position will require combined knowledge of computer science and application, modelling, statistics, analytics and mathematics to solve problems. The job will require efficient communication of important information and insights to business and product development leaders.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing data science efforts in own and cross-functional projects
- Building and managing a project team
- Defining business and clinical needs
- Conceiving solutions to identify problems
- Managing implementation of data science efforts in own and cross-project teams
- Providing Business Development input when required
- Ensuring efficient performance and scalability of solutions
- Developing an understanding of an FDA design control environment
- Contributing to design, testing and documentation
- Supporting integration, internal testing, and external customers when presented with quality issues. Prioritizing work to identify the root cause and create a corrective plan that ensures timely resolution of issues
- Maintaining a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
- Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Master or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field with more than 5 years of professional experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Familiar with the following software tools:
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.