Here at Luxury Escapes, our mission is to delight our customers with incredible deals for the world's best holidays.
We are a collective of forward-thinking people, driven to challenge the travel industry and ourselves to bring ever better travel experiences to our customer community.
Travel is already bouncing back so we are building new teams to help us deliver some very exciting products which we will tell you all about once you apply!
Our cross-functional teams include Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers focused on delivering solutions and solving problems rather than simply completing tickets.
The structure is flat and the process super-lean, focusing on a culture of MVP, iteration, and build, measure, learn, with continuous improvement at the heart of everything we do.
Our team share in-depth experience from the worlds of Node, Typescript, React, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambda, and more. We love learning and hold regular tech forums to learn from peers or discuss the tech issues of the day. We also have some really great developers, so you'll be both well supported and challenged!
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be self-driven, analytical, and strategic. In this role, you will design and build our approach to data, the ways we collect, process, store and retrieve it. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets, passionate to work on real time streaming, search analytics and be someone who loves to bring data together and work on innovative Data Engineering solutions to answer business questions.
We're agile, so we have daily stand ups, autonomous teams, and developers deploy to production many times every day. We have a flat, collaborative structure both within and between teams.
We operate a flexible working environment and are conveniently located in Sydney a short walk from Wynyard station, close to great lunch spots and cafes.
Employee experience is king here, with weekly events, monthly recognition programs and significant professional development opportunities. (We have won awards for it – but the HR team don’t like to brag much!)
- An education in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- Extensive industry experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures
- Experience with AWS/Google
- Experience using big data technologies
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Proficiency in Python or other similar languages.
- Excellent Remuneration package
- 20% Discount on Luxury Holidays and Experiences
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- A bonus day of birthday leave
- Flexible working conditions
- Breakfast, coffee and fruit provided
- A super collaborative team that enjoys creating great platforms
If this role sounds appealing but you don't check every box, apply anyway, we want to hear what you can do!
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.