Technology - Software Development/Quality Engineering
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Data Tech team at Prudential Financials is looking for a Data Engineer to join a diverse team dedicated to providing best in class data services to our customers, stakeholders and partners.
As a part of our CDO organization, you will work with our ML Engineers, Data Scientist and various BUs to define solutions for operationalizing data-driven decision making in a cost effective and scalable manner.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience implementing, supporting data lakes, data warehouses and data applications on AWS for large enterprises
- AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Big Data Certification preferred
- Programming experience with Java, Python/Scala, Shell scripting
- Solid experience of AWS services such as CloudFormation, S3, Glue, EMR/Spark, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambda, Step Functions, IAM, KMS, SM etc.
- Solid experience implementing solutions on AWS based data lakes.
- Experience implementing metadata solutions leveraging AWS non-relational data solutions such as ElastiCache and DynamoDB.
- Experience in AWS data lake/data warehouse/business analytics
- Experience in system analysis, design, development, and implementation of data ingestion pipeline in AWS
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT
- Working experience with Hadoop, HDFS, SQOOP, Hive, Python, and Spark is desired Experience working on Agile projects
- 3+ years of experience as Data developer
- Experience developing business applications using NoSQL/SQL databases.
- Experience working with Object stores(S3) and JSON is must have
- Should have good experience with AWS Services - API Gateway, Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, DynamoDB, S3, ElasticSearch.
- Serverless application development using AWS Lambda.
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable architecture and code.
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality of high scale web applications and services.
- Participate in the architecture and system design discussions
- Independently perform hands on development and unit testing of the applications;
- Collaborate with the development team and build individual components into complex enterprise web systems;
- Work in a team environment with product, frontend design, production operation, QE/QA and cross functional teams to deliver a project throughout the whole software development cycle;
- Responsible to identify and resolve any performance issues
- Keep up to date with new technology development and implementation
- Participate in code review to make sure standards and best practices are met
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI or equivalent
- Aware of Machine learning algorithms (supervised/unsupervised)
- Working experience in Informatica toolset (Power Center, TDM)
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com
for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.