Data Scientists are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation
Acts as a key contributor to a pre-sales Client Engineering team, partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose solutions
Contributes to co-creation of rapid proofs of concept and Minimal Viable Solutions that demonstrate business value, leading to client investment in strategic solutions
Translates business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills, industry expertise and technical knowledge
Delivers meaningful insights and predicts emerging trends to inform business solutions that optimize client value
Familiar with Data Engineering techniques to gather, prepare, cleanse, and transform client data for analysis and AI automation Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work both on site and remotely as a part of the client facing presales engagements leveraging your deep dive experience with IBM Data & AI technologies (mainly IBM Cloud Pak for Data, its’s cartridges and related software and Cloud services).
- Closely collaborate with a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. Acts as a key contributor to a pre-sales Client Engineering team, partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose solutions.
- Contribute to co-creation of rapid proofs of concept and Minimal Viable Solutions that demonstrate business value, leading to client investment in strategic solutions
- Leads the technical aspects of the client facing presales work including solution architecture definition, platform and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting as well as building the customer use case using the IBM Cloud Pak for Data technology stack
- Serve as a technical problem solver using the in depth software knowledge, support channels, and network of professional contacts
- Translate business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills, industry expertise and technical knowledge
- Demonstrate growth mindset by being eager to understand clients’ business processes, their potential for transformation, and learn new technologies and methods continuously
- Deliver meaningful insights and predicts emerging trends to inform business solutions that optimize client value
- Know and leverage Data Engineering techniques to gather, prepare, cleanse, and transform client data for analysis and AI automation
- Use Design Thinking and Garage methods to document pain points and opportunities; illustrate new process designs and journey maps and visualize transformation outcomes
- Collaborate with others to validate new analytical approaches, share and learn from best practices
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Mastering IBM Data & AI technologies, especially IBM Cloud Pak for Data, it’s cartridges, related offerings and IBM Cloud services
- Applying problem solving techniques using the in depth software knowledge, support channels, and network of professional contacts.
- 10 + years experience with deep technical expertise and business domain knowledge in their select specialty areas, including Data Science, Site Reliability, Cloud, Data, Automation, DevOps, and Security demonstrated by advanced degrees, certifications and relevant work experience
- Demonstrates a growth mindset and continuous learning; stays current on IBM strategy and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- Requires deep understanding of machine learning (ML) algorithms and statistical methods to prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling to solve a specific business problem. Need to collaborate with data engineers in architecting and optimizing data pipelines for production-ready models.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with statistical SW and programming languages (R, Python, SPSS) and database languages (SQL)
As above Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.