The role is to create value from data by developing analysis tools to give key insights enabling the business to have competitive advantage.
Run analytical experiments in a methodical manner creating a combination of Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive Analysis Reporting to influence operations, our services provided and clients.
- Proficiency in statistical and other tools/languages, specifically R and Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Intermediate SQL is desirable and Intermediate Cognos is advantageous
- Experience in one or some of; statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, data virtualisation, unstructured data analytics and/or natural language processing
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Strong proven background (either academic or in a professional environment) in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or other numerate subject
- Understanding of the insurance or claims handling industry is desirable but not essential
- Be an integral part of the wider data strategy working closely with the business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Preparing and cleaning data for analysis and modelling
- Use machine learning tools, statistical and analytical techniques to produce new insight for the business and clients
- Conduct research and explore data using leading data science practices
- Interact with the company’s clients to identify their information and research needs
- Combine internal and external data sets to drive insights and models across all service offerings
- Create clear reports and visualisation of identified insights for clients and the business
- Maintain awareness of data science developments externally to Crawford that will bring value to the company
- Demonstrated behaviours must be in close alignment with Crawford stated values: RESTORE
- A strong team player with the ability to work with colleagues in remote locations, as well as working alone on your own initiative
- Must be proactive, reliable, self-motivated and results focussed
- An inquisitive mind-set with an aptitude for problem solving
- Communication: Being at the intersection of business, technology, and data, you need to be adept at telling a story (verbally and visually) to each of the stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking: To be able to apply objective analysis of facts on a given topic or problem before formulating opinions or rendering judgments for onward delivery.