About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.Senior Data Analyst
About The Role
- Based in Brisbane with WFH flexibility, also open to other locations within AU
- Permanent opportunity
- Work on a variety of data projects supporting the People team
This role will be working in a dedicated squad focused on solving complex data problems and executing payroll remediation projects, working within the People team and with other stakeholders across the group.Responsibilities Will Include, But Not Limited To
Who We Are Looking For
- Support the Product Owner in the planning and delivery of Quarterly Results
- Provide guidance to the Team Support Data Analysts to ensure the program of work is delivered to a high standard on time
- Working closely with Data Analysts and Performance & Reward Advisors to identify and understand compliance risks, investigate root causes and propose strategies on remediation activities
- Working within a Google Cloud Platform Environment to review data, join and produce outcomes, including, outcome letters to team members, data tracking tools and payment reconciliation summaries.
- Identify data integrity impacts downstream and use this knowledge to inform prioritisation of change impacts
- Quality Assurance of all documentation produced
- Provide solutions for Tier 2 queries
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure data integrity across all people systems
- Observe all data integrity governance processes to ensure segregation of duties are observed
- Coach other team members in data analysis techniques
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated analyst, capable of working with a large volume of data, and ideally with knowledge working with HR systems and payroll data or other forms of dynamic data. As a Senior Data Analyst you will display leadership qualities.
This position will require working with a wide range of stakeholders and providing recommendations and guidance based on your analysis; superior communication skills are key.Ideally You Will Have The Following
Grow with the Group
- Skills in SQL, ideally with a cloud based platform GCP (preferred)
- 5+ years' relevant experience in managing HR system and payroll data; or data management more generally.
- Excels at diagnosis, partnering and influencing outcomes
- Knowledge, or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge, of policy and legislation to ensure compliance
- Strong data analytics and governance skills
- Experience with the management and understanding of HR and Payroll requirements and processes (garnishments, overpayments, gross up payments, remuneration books, year-end certificates, gross to net calculations, periodic filings, etc.)
- Experience in SAP HCM System (Personnel Administration, Time Management, and Payroll)
- Experience in Success Factors and Employee Central preferred
- Experience in people leadership and development highly regarded
- Competent in the use of Google Word, Sheets and Slides (or equivalent)
- Experience with Python, R or other programming languages highly regarded
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180. #Hybrid
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.