Data Scientist (Marketing Analytics)
Angel Court, London (EC2R 7HY) / Bupa Place, Salford Quays M50 3SP / hybrid / flexible
Salary £47K - £57K depending on location and experience + excellent benefits
Full time 35 hours per week
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
A new and exciting position within the Marketing Analytics team to support the delivery of data science capabilities to our marketing functions. Working alongside the Lead Data Scientist, this role will utilise our new Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure to design and develop machine learning models to deliver commercial and customer benefit.
What you’ll do:
- Delivering bespoke solutions to complex business problems to support commercial growth and improve customer experiences and outcomes.
- Supporting end to end data science projects including business case creation, solution design, feature engineering, model development, and MLOps.
- Owning existing machine learning projects including on-going monitoring of model performance, data drift, scoring latency and optimisation.
- Collecting, aggregating, and combining large datasets to extract and visualise insight, automate manual processes and optimise data deliveries.
- Acting as a data evangelist by educating stakeholders on the art of the possible whilst also working with other data scientists within the business to collectively share insights and skills.
- Thinking innovatively about applying data science to new data, questions and opportunities and apply this to deliver creative data science solutions.
- Managing your continued professional development and learning, linking those activities to organisational objectives and goals.
- Understanding and working within the frameworks and standards that regulate the Health Insurance sector (including GDPR and DPA), working with colleagues to ensure privacy and protection for customers, and communicating ethical issues/ideas as they emerge.
What you'll bring:
- Some great experience in data science and machine learning – ideally applying this in the marketing sector.
- Hands-on experience with Python / R / SQL / SAS and a good understanding of standard coding practices.
- Familiarity with cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS).
- Knowledge and experience delivering end to end data science projects including hands on model build and deployment, a plus.
- Brilliant communication skills, capable of presenting complex technical solutions to non-technical customers.
- Experience of working in an agile environment would be great
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. You will be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.