By taking a completely new approach to autonomous driving, Ree Technology aims to launch the first driverless fleet on European public streets.
Our international, diverse, and fun team combines the best of two worlds - software and product experience from Silicon Valley and automotive hardware & safety engineering from Europe. We have our eyes set on becoming a leading autonomous driving company and bringing Europe back to the forefront of the race to develop driverless vehicles which will solve many of today’s transportation challenges, including air pollution, traffic jams, and traffic-related deaths, high costs of transportation and long commutes.
This is very ambitious. And we can’t do it alone. So we'd love to meet you!
At Ree, we operate with a high volume of data coming from Ree Cars and millions of Mobile Devices organized in our Data Platform (Kinesis, Parquet, AWS Athena, Spark). As a Lead Data Scientists, together with a Data Science team you will create ML Models to route Ree Cars safer within the ODD, which includes Cellular Network Quality requirements, Type of the Road and Traffic Speed. You will support the Ree Cloud team to put and maintain models in production and collaborate with teams of Data Analytics, Network, and Robotics engineers to learn the domain and get support on Data Modeling.
- Prototype ML models to predict Cellular Network Performance
- Support on productionising ML models
- Model Vehicle Router Cost function and develop offline evaluation
- Mentor Data Scientists in the team
- Come up with new application for ML at Ree (Fleet Optimization, Max Network Throughput Prediction)
- You have strong expertise in Machine Learning
- You have experience with taking Machine Learning models from research to production
- You know how to work with big datasets (the one which does not fit single computer memory)
- You have strong programming skills in Python
Nice to haves:
- Basic Understanding of network congestion and wireless communication
- Experience in Autonomous Driving or Ride Hailing or Car Sharing companies
- You have proven leadership skills in an industry Machine Learning team
- We are drivers: At Ree, everyone is a driver. We encourage everyone to act like a leader in their area
- We’re pioneers: At Ree, we’re doing work that has never been done before.We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves towards more ambitious projects
- We’re stronger as a team: At Ree, we believe that as a team we are much greater than the sum of our parts. We all aim for personal and professional growth — from learning a new tool to taking on more responsibility
- We build trust: At Ree, we build trust through consistently doing the right thing and following through on our commitments towards stakeholders, users and society
- You’ll be joining a highly committed, experienced, fun, and international team from over 25 countries. The team has previously worked at companies such as Tesla, Google, Waymo, Zoox, Byton, Argo, Amazon, Uber as well as Audi, BMW, and Daimler and has founded various companies before
- You would be a part of fixing transportation in metropolitan areas all over the world – from Europe
- We have a generous, highly employee-friendly stock option plan and pay above industry standards
- We organize thoughtful & fun team events throughout the year
- We support highly flexible working policies where possible as well as support for your relocation – it doesn’t matter where you currently live
- We contribute to a FitX or UrbanSportsClub membership, plus free and all-day use of our Gravity Gym in the Berlin office
- We contribute to your monthly public transport ticket in Berlin so that it costs you <50% of the regular price
- We provide healthy snacks, drinks, and coffee at our waterfront office in Berlin
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company.
Ree is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
Come join the future! :)