In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold
Our national Data and Automation (D&A) service line provide data governance, data advisory services, data analytics, advanced (AI-ML) analytics, platform development and robotic process automation (RPA) services across a portfolio of clients. The D&A service line is part of our national Technology Consulting and Assurance practice that provides wider technology consulting service to a range of clients nationally and internationally.
Our broad range of clients and sectors in our portfolios across the country include:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Corporates/Private Sector/Large & Listed
- Central and Local Government
As a Junior, you will be supporting within Technology Consulting and Assurance Services team in delivering various Data and Automation engagements to range of clients from BFSI and Corporate sector across London and UK. Every engagement will be different and will impose new challenges and learning opportunities. Client satisfaction and quality of work is of paramount importance to us and you will need excellent communication and written skills, multitasking skills and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A typical day will involve:
- Work closely with Seniors and Managers in delivering Data and Automation engagements for clients across UK;
- Understand client requirements and provide logical solution;
- Ensuring all the stakeholders are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work;
- Extract data from various ERP systems either through Extract Transform Load or developing data pipelines;
- Process structured and unstructured data to provide meaningful insights;
- Develop rich visuals which provides deeper insights into data;
- Delivering work to the highest technical standards including ensuring work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards
- Build and develop strong working relationships within the team and with the client;
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs; and
- Work within a team to ideate and develop new data driven solutions to solve critical challenges faced by businesses.
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment is desirable;
- Desire to grow and contribute to develop data, analytics and automation practice;
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication;
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility;
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems;
- Ability to multitask and work with tight timelines;
- Commitment to self-development & learning;
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity; and
- A willingness to travel (Presently, due to the ongoing pandemic all our work is conducted remotely by working from home. Safety of our employees is of paramount importance to us. Only when things get back to normal, we anticipate travel to office/client locations, as required)
Mandatory Technical skills:
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience post qualification;
- Experience in using Python on machine learning and AI projects/engagements;
- Experience on using libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Keras, NLTK etc. is desirable;
- Experience working in cloud-based data solutions on Azure or AWS or Google Cloud;
- Ability to independently write complex SQL/T-SQL queries;
- Thorough understanding of relational database design concepts and best practices; and
- BA/BS/B.Eng in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or any other technical field.
Additional good to have skills:
- Experience in Banking or Insurance industries;
- Master's in data science is desirable;
- Knowledge of Data visualisation concepts using open source technologies or tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik etc;
- Some experience building packages using SSIS / SSRS; and
- Certifications in cloud services such as Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.