LEAD DATA ANALYTICS ENGINEER
About The Operations It Team
Operations IT is a global IT capability supporting the Global Operations organisation. We business partner with Operations capability areas: Pharmaceutical Technology Development, Manufacturing & Global Engineering, Quality Control, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Logistics and Global External Sourcing and Procurement. We operate out of Operations hubs sites including in the UK, Sweden, US, and China; and out of our Global Technology Centres in India and Mexico.
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
Lead Data Analytics Engineer - Operations IT
We are seeking a Lead Data Analytics Engineer to join our Data, Analytics & AI (DA&AI) team in Operations IT. As part of our ground-breaking journey in Data DA&AI within Operations IT, we are advancing our Operation Data Hub (ODH) and adopting the Data Mesh architecture and ways of working. ODH provides Operations units with access to critical data and analytic tools, accelerating their work on life-saving medicines. With Data Mesh, Operations units can build reusable data product foundations for advanced analytics and insights.
- Provide detailed design, aligned with the high level design provided by Solution Architects.
- Support solution development, provide technical leadership, and oversee technical delivery across multiple initiatives.
- Perform regular quality checks and validation on Data Engineering work delivered on projects under his/her leadership
- Ensure efficient, secure, and compliant engineering and operation of data products.
- Develop scalable solutions for various data use cases, including batch analytics, data warehousing, data mart, Big Data stack, and real-time analytics based on streaming.
- Guide and collaborate with engineering teams responsible for data harvesting, storage, quality checks, transformation, and visualization.
- Build reusable data products that enable self-service analytics and AI/ML workflows for Operations units.
- Define engineering standards, processes, and roadmap in collaboration with solution architecture and Platform lead.
- Drive the consolidation of technology stack and implementation of modern data engineering tools and platforms.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the software development lifecycle, collaborating with teams in Chennai, UK, and Sweden.
- Work closely with Enterprise Data & AI teams to leverage central Enterprise Data Platforms.
- Utilize a collaborative delivery approach, using Agile or other appropriate methodologies as needed
: To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Extensive experience as a Technical Lead for Data Analytics and Engineering Projects.
- Ability to support solution development, provide technical leadership, and oversee delivery across multiple initiatives.
- Experience leading engineers in matrix organizations.
- Experience in managing technical delivery
- Proficiency in owning technical delivery, working with solution architects, and ensuring detailed design and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in defining standard ways of working for Analytics and Engineering.
- Experience working with international teams, including those in India, Mexico, and the US.
- Expertise in a broad range of data tools, ETL frameworks, monitoring and data technologies, such as SAP HANA, SAP MDG, PowerBI, Qlik Sense, Qlik Replicate, EMR, Hudi, Collibra, Snowflake, DBT, AWS Kinesis.
- Proficiency in visualization technologies, particularly Power BI and Qlik Sense.
- Knowledge of Data Mesh and Data Product concepts, including experience in delivering and managing data products.
- Familiarity with data architectures, including dimensional modelling.
- Understanding of cloud-based data management services, such as AWS or equivalent.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience in building scalable and high-availability analytics solutions.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous development practices.
- Proficiency in data analysis, including profiling, investigating, interpreting, and documenting data structures.
- Experience in identifying and executing data engineering activities for multiple initiatives.
WHY JOIN US
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven Biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.