With over 1.2 billion users worldwide, WeChat is changing the mobile landscape by connecting people, services, and businesses in China and around-the-world. Joining the WeChat product team gives you an unique opportunity to help redefine how people use their mobile devices to communicate and interact online and to better understand user behaviour and preferences of users worldwide. The WeChat team in Singapore is responsible for managing and growing our core product including messaging and social networking for users around the world (excluding the Chinese mainland). Join a full-time position at WeChat and play an impactful role in keeping people around the world connected via one of the world's largest and most valuable online products.
About the Internship
Interns will enjoy a paid internship of no shorter than three months and be paired with a senior-level member of the WeChat engineering team and participate side-by-side to develop data-driven algorithms and models to improve the product features and operational strategies of WeChat. By the end of the program, interns should already have industrial experience in using the internet-scale data processing tools and platforms, and applying data-driven approach to create positive impact on our products and user experience. Upon completing the program, successful internship candidates will be asked to interview for a full-time position in a data scientist role at WeChat that may be started upon the completion of their school's degree program.
- Partner with product managers and data engineers to develop data-driven algorithms and tools for regular WeChat operations such as account safety, spam detection, and service optimization.
- Build data dashboard, instrumentation and tooling for core analytics across the whole WeChat app.
- Contribute on ad-hoc, vital analytics projects to help define WeChat's future strategy around the world.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Singapore university or graduate degree program have no more than 1.5 school years remaining at the time of entry into their internship.
- Must be able to provide full-time internship employment (Mon-Fri) for a period no shorter than three months.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin.
- Course of study in computer science, computing, EECS, information systems, or data science preferred
- Prior internet industry work or internship experience preferred
- Data visualization: Require experience using Excel for reporting and charts, prefer experience using and building visualizations in tools such as Tableau or other data visualization tools for dashboards and instrumentation
- Data analysis: Familiar with database operations, particularly in SQL, sensitive to data, background in data mining or machine learning is preferred. Experience with massive data processing via Hadoop / Spark is preferred.
- Additional preferred experience: machine learning, probabilistic modelling, web programming
- Rigorous logical thinking ability, systems analysis mindset, and summarization ability
- Strong hands-on personality with a thirst for gaining new knowledge