Qualcomm India Private LimitedJob Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Systems EngineeringGeneral Summary:
The Advanced Tech R&D team is looking for a research engineer with a passion for machine learning applied to generative audio, video, and natural language use cases. You will be working with a team of machine learning experts to develop advanced technology and solutions for mobile phones, headsets, and variety of IoT devices as well as cloud outlets. The team includes and works with algorithm, hardware and software engineers across company to develop, port newly designed solutions to real live prototypes shown at tradeshows and other customer events, and support commercialization activities in upcoming products.Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative machine learning algorithms for multimodal understanding, i.e., image, video, audio; text-to-audio, multimodal-to-text, and natural language processing use cases; file corresponding papers and patent disclosures; achieve state-of-the-art performance and beyond in various CV/audio/NLP applications
- Combine features from multi-modalities such as video, audio, sensors, and location
- After successful demos to technical and business audiences, work with commercialization teams to transfer and deploy newly developed solutions onto Qualcomm platforms and customer devices
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ year of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.Minimum Qualifications
- R&D experience of computer vision, text-to-audio, video understanding, image/audio captioning or NLP applications in academic/industrial setting
- Familiarity with recent trends in machine learning (diffusion models, U-Nets, Transformer, BERT, BART, etc.) and traditional statistical modeling/feature extraction techniques
Education Requirements Required:
- R&D experience developing generative models in CV, multimodal or NLP application area
- Proficiency in designing, implementing and training DL algorithms in high-level languages/frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Willingness to engage in hands-on R&D in multimodal modeling of video/audio/text data
- Coding experience in C/C++
- Working in cross disciplinary, geographically-dispersed teams
Master's degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
2+ years of R&D experience in Computer Vision/image/NLP/multimodal applications in academic/industryApplicants
: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.3054486