PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
About the role:
As a Data Scientist, you will use advanced analytics to propose innovative and unique approaches to utilize large structured and unstructured data to resolve challenges within our business environment.
You bring analytical, data mining, data modeling and data management skills, and ability to utilize data to drive strategic business directions.
You demonstrate ability to apply quantitative analysis techniques to business situations including forecasting, descriptive statistics, statistical inference, predictive models, and multivariate modeling techniques.
This is a 1 year contract with an immediate start date. We welcome candidates who are eligible to work in the US or Canada to apply. This is a remote position or based in Mississauga HQ.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, economics, data science or related field. Master degree or PhD would be an asset.
- Seasoned work experience with data science or advanced analytics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive Statistical programming and machine learning scripting experience required, such as Python.
- Extensive experience with SQL.
- Proficient with a range of business intelligence and analysis tools such as Power BI, SAS or Tableau.
. Experience in analyzing, data mining, data modelling and data management. Ability to utilize data to drive strategic business directions.
- Develop understanding of business processes, goals and strategy in order to provide analysis and interpretation to management.
- Practical ability to visualize data, communicates effectively about data, and utilizes data effectively.
- Proficient computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products or equivalent software and the ability to learn corporate software programs.
- Strong problem solving and logical skills.
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimal direction, with the ability to coordinate complex activities.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with variety of customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.