GovCIO is currently hiring a Data Analyst to work in a team of Data Engineers, and Architects on a COTS product support team for the Department of Veteran Affairs, Office of Information Technology. This position is fully remote with possible travel 1-2 times per year. This position is fully remote.
Develops, inspects, mines, transforms, and models data to raise productivity, and improve decision making. Provides subject matter expertise on source system data and business rules to support development, implementation and operations of new or enhanced databases, data warehouses (DW) and analytic systems. May support data modeling and ETL design and development to populate new data structures, including data warehouses, operational data stores and data marts. Performs data validation of customer data sets to assure data quality within new and enhanced databases.
- Identifying and addressing data quality issues, monitoring data pipelines, and collaborating with data engineers to improve data quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Effectively communicating data findings to non-technical stakeholders through storytelling and presentations to drive actionable insights and decisions
- Contribute meaningfully and influence decision-making across various organizations
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's with 8+ years (or commensurate experience)
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc), programming (Python XML, Java script, or ETL frameworks)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of PySpark for big data is a plus
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy
- Understanding of data privacy, security, and ethical considerations
Clearance Required: Public Trust
GovCIO is a team of transformers--people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can't do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things - for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an at-will position and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Posted Salary Range
USD $100,000.00 -